Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Members - Introduce Yourself!

New Members - Introduce Yourself!

New to CITA? Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?
    Brenton Ward
    Level III Infraspection Institute Certified Thermographer
    Level II Airborne Ultrasound

Forum Member
    Hello everyone, I am a new member here and I have recently started a new thermography business. I was happy to find this group as I received my training from Infraspection and would like to communicate with fellow alumni. For the last 10 years I have been working in testing and manufacturing electrical contactors which are used in the military and the airline industry, before that I ran my own painting and remodeling company. I am currently IPC J-STD-001 certified for soldering and inspection of solder joints in critical applications equipment and I hold a amateur radio license. I became interested in this field (thermography) a few years back and after some consideration I decided to make a career out of it.

Best wishes to everyone!

Hi David and welcome. Congratulations on starting your new business. I know this can be both daunting and exciting, so if you need any helps or tips don't hesitate to ask here on the forum. Many of our members are in similar situations and may be offer to add some insight. If we get enough response it may be worth starting a new forum group for those who are self employed and want to exchange advice on marketing and conducting a business in this space. I for one have been doing it for almost 20 years.
    Brenton Ward

Forum Member
    Thanks Brenton, It would be nice to see enough people respond to get a forum like that started. It took some searching for me to find this site. I posted the CITA logo on my Facebook and LinkedIn page and it will be on my website. If there is anyway other way I can help to promote this site please let me know.

Forum Member
    I am located in the Permian Basin of Texas. My interest in thermography has been around for several years. However with the implementation of the Quad O regulations in the oil and gas industry I was introduced to the FLIR GF320. What a piece of equipment! There is also the Opgal EyeCGas on the market that has some advantages over the GF320. But the GF320 has a couple of advantages over the Opgal.
    I can see an opportunity for utilizing thermal image inspecting the production facilities. I hold certifications from API for steel storage tanks (653) and fiberglass tanks (FTPI).
    I would like to connect with others utilizing thermal cameras for inspection of upstream oilfield equipment. Especially if you have knowledge using the images to see shell corrosion on steel surfaces inside the structure.
    Waiting on my Thermal App droid camera. This is my first instrument that I plan on using to train myself. If finances and the Ebay fairy is kind I hope to find a Testo 882 or a 885 before the end of summer.
    Regards,
    Curtis Stewart

Hi Curtis, glad you could join us. Sounds like you are doing some interesting work. Not many of us get the opportunity to use the Gasfind cameras Those applications are far and few between where I am from because our petrochemical industry is non existent. I have had plenty of experience with the Testo units, and if the opportunity arises you definitely want the Testo 885... it's leagues ahead of the 882. I am sure there are a few others on the board that can help with some insight into the oil/gas industry. cheers
    Brenton Ward

Forum Member
    Hi all,

I am Lorrie, and am located in Rockingham, Western Australia but travel all over doing thermography on Royal Australian Navy ANZAC Class Frigates electrical systems for BAE Systems.

Look forward to communicating and sharing on the website.

Just for all the Americans in my case Lorrie is a guys name.
    Lorrie Stewart

Hi all,

I am Nagh and am located in Dubai UAe - Middle East. I expect CITA will slowly gear up more members of professionals
    and creat chapter in various countries in globe, to coduct Forum for exchanging knowledge and Information on this subject
    which are not popular in many countries, especially in Middle East regions.

Hi Lorrie, welcome aboard! It's good to hear from you. Found anything interesting lately with your new thermal imager? hope all is well.
    Brenton Ward

Hi Nagh and welcome. Can you tell us a bit about yourself? what kind of thermography do you do? What equipment are you using? What's it like being a thermographer in the middle east?
    Brenton Ward